Ooyala Global Video Index Q1 2014
“I'm going home, and when I want to go home, I'm going mobile.”
— Pete Townshend, The Who
Was rock legend Pete Townshend predicting the future of OTT video consumption habits when he penned this iconic lyric over 40 years ago? Probably not, but it does sum up key elements of a foundational shift in the video market today.
What does the latest data tell us?
- Mobile and tablet viewing see highest OTT growth rate
- iOS still prevails in smartphone video, but Android is catching up
- Engagement remains high across all screens
- Live video knows no boundaries
- Long-form content thrives over the top