Ooyala Global Video Index:
Broadcasters Edition (March 2013)
The Latest Trends in Multi-screen Television
Revealing the most recent trends in multi-screen video consumption from broadcasters and entertainment networks around the world, including:
- People tune into live video 2.5 times longer than VOD content when viewing content on broadcast and entertainment networks.
- Prime viewing hours for online broadcast content is noon on weekdays and 9PM on weekends.
- Tablet viewing spikes on weekends, when viewers spend twice as much time watching video from broadcasters online.
- More than 75 percent of time spent watching mobile video in March was with long form content (videos longer than 10 minutes in length)
- Nearly half of all tablet video consumption was with video at least 30 minutes in length.